In an authentic narration – Imam Muhammad al-Baqir, Allah be well pleased with him, said:
“Never does any pride enter the heart of a person except that their intelligence decreases by the same amount.”
ما دخل قلب امرئ من الكبر شيء إلا نقص من عقله مقدار ذلك
(Related in the book – Siyar A’lam an-Nubala/The Lives of the Noble Figures/Sayings of Imam Muhammad al-Baqir – Section on the life of Imam Muhammad al-Baqir)
1) The blessed Imam of the Ahul Bayt’s full name is Muhammad ibn ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn ibn Ali bin Abi Talib.
2) Imam Muhammad al-Baqir is the son of Imam Zayn al-Abidin, Allah be well pleased with him.
3) Imam Muhammad al-Baqir is the father of Imam Jafar al-Sadiq, Allah be well pleased with him.
4) Imam Muhammad al-Baqir is the husband of Umm Farwah bint Al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr, Allah be well pleased with her.
5) If one didn’t know this, Al-Baqir means = The one who opens up knowledge, and Imam Muhammad got this name al-Baqir because he used to like to compile his notes and knowledge.
6) For my non-Muslim associates, when we say the word ‘ibn’ it means = the son of.
7) So in this case, Imam Muhammad would be = Imam Muhammad al-Baqir the son of Imam Zayn al-Abidin who is the son of Imam al-Husayn who is the son of Imam Ali the son of Abu Talib.